Sunday, June 26, 2011

What to do?

So I have a question for you guys. Now that I've posted a few stories, I would like to know what you guys think about the formatting. If you'd like to give some feedback to help me make these stories better, check out the questions after the cut! Even if you just have some suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Also, look for a new set of stories sometime this week. My brother has a basketball camp Monday through Wednesday, so depending on which day I'm needed up there to help will dictate when I can upload and post the new stories! And don't forget to make some requests! I only have so many ideas on which stories to convert. So your requests will determine how often I update.


1. What do you prefer... Single spaced, indented paragraphs like in a book or do you prefer the "fanfic" format with each paragraph separated by a blank line?

2. Is the text font easy to read?

3. For one-shots, do you prefer a cover page (like Jenrose1's Worth the Wait) or do you prefer one-shots set up like the Collections, with the Title and Author just above the story?

4. Would you like to see the story's synopsis at the start of each eBook (like the Collections eBooks)?

For those of you who take the time to answer these four questions, thanks so much. I hope these answers help make the eBooks that much easier to read.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Double space is nice when reading on a computer (PDF or ff.net web site). Single spaced is more screen efficient on a phone. But I don't have a strong preference.

    2. Yes, but I think the font is determined by the eReader.

    3. Cover pages are nice when browsing in a catalog, but not nice enough to worry about, so no strong preference.

    4. That would be useful because it's sometimes hard to match story title to a story.

    Something else I thought of when reading... I noticed you organized collections alphabetically. Would it be more useful if they were in publish order? I don't know. It would help for stories that are tags to particular episodes (e.g. Knockdown, Countdown) and would keep S2 fics before S3 fics, but then again it doesn't really matter for a lot of the stories which don't fall into a fixed timeline. For those, alphabetical is easier.

    I'll give you some more recommendations after you post more. I don't want you to feel like you have to convert faster. Plus I don't want to feel behind because I still have to finish reading your last round. Hopefully someone else will post some recommendations, too.

    ReplyDelete